That annual exhibition known as the NFL Pro Bowl went to the NFC 62-35… Vikings’ TE Kyle Rudolph was named MVP (5-122-TD)... but for Longhorn fans there was plenty to grab your attention.
- LB Derrick Johnson scored a TD for the second consecutive season on an INT return... for the game DJ also recorded 6 solo tackles
Safety Earl Thomas intercepted Texans' QB Matt Schaub on the AFC's first drive of the second half... the NFC scored 3 plays later to take a 38-17 lead.
- Jamaal Charles carried only 3 times this year... in the 2011 Pro Bowl he had 10 carries for 72 yards.
- 14-year NFL veteran Phil Dawson went 5-for-5 on PATs and attempted an onside kick in the 4Q
- Henry Melton deflected a Matt Schaub pass in the 3Q and was part of an NFC defense which held the AFC to just 15 rushing yards
- It was the first time UT had 5 former players in the Pro Bowl… the school had 4 players in the Pro Bowl on three occasions (1957, 1968, 2010)
- UT has now had at least one Pro Bowl player for 12 consecutive seasons.