The UT Tower will be drenched in burnt orange lighting Sunday evening, Dec. 1, in recognition of The University of Texas Volleyball team’s Big 12 Championship.
Per UT tradition, the campus landmark is bathed in burnt orange lighting from top to bottom when a University of Texas athletics team wins a conference championship.
Texas won its third consecutive Big 12 Championship with a sweep of Kansas State on Saturday evening. The Longhorns have won 20 conference titles in program history, including seven as a member of the Big 12 Conference.
With the outright Big 12 title, the Longhorns earn an automatic berth in the NCAA Championship. The field for the tournament will be announced Sunday evening following the tower lighting at 8:30 p.m. Central on ESPNU.
- Alabama beat Mississippi State 20-7, yet the Tide lost just one 1st place AP vote
- Alabama's D has held opponents to 17 points or less in 7 straight games
- Florida State is the first ACC team ever to score 40+ points in 10 straight games
- FSU has led 38-0 or better at halftime in 3-of-their-last-4 games
- FSU is first to score 59 points and allow 3 or less in consecutive games since... Florida State in 1988
- Ohio State scored 60 points and lost ground in the BCS beauty pageant… they allowed 35 points to 3-win Illinois…Carlos Hyde (24-246-4 TDs and Braxton Miller (16-184) ran 40 times for 430 yards
-Ohio State has won an FBS-best 22 straight… Buckeyes have scored an FBS-leading 171 points in 1Q this season… (Baylor-164… Oregon-145… A&M-124)
- Last 4 seasons Wisconsin has beaten Indiana by a combined score of 255-44 (51-3, 83-20, 59-7 & 62-14)
- Auburn has won 86 straight games when scoring 30+ points… last loss was to Georgia in 1996
- Auburn was 0-8 in SEC play last season… they are 6-1 this season w/Alabama as the finale
- Last 4 games Auburn QB Nick Marshall completed 26-of-42 passes… ran 38 times for 435 yards (11.4)
- Duke’s 48-30 win over #23 is its first over Hurricanes since 1976… first 8-win season since 1994
- Duke (8-2) beat ranked opponents in consecutive games for first time since 1989… Wake/UNC left
- Kansas (3-7) ended its 3-year, 27-game Big 12 losing streak… fans tore down the goal posts and trhew them into Potter's Lake.